GONDWANA CHOIRS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES at NATIONAL CHORAL SCHOOL 2017
Gondwana Choirs’ National Choral School is the premiere choral experience in Australia, bringing together young singers, composers and conductors from across the country. For 2 weeks in January, around 350 young musicians will come together in residence at UNSW to rehearse intensively and present several public performances.
Gondwana Choirs has two internship opportunities for National Choral School 2017. If you are studying a related tertiary course such as Arts Administration or Media, is it possible you may receive academic credit. Contact Emma Carson for further information.
ARTS ADMINISTRATION INTERNSHIP
Project preparation, December 2016
• Assisting with music research, sourcing and purchasing from wholesalers. Music library preparation.
• General administrative duties, playing a part in the logistical planning of all aspects of National Choral School (accommodation, travel, catering, collection of personal information of participants)
• Learn to use our CRM database
• Lots of excel usage – run sheets, various lists and important details, itineraries
• Assist with preparation for National Choirs Christmas rehearsal season and 2 performances
So many incredible stories emerge from National Choral School, and we need your help to tell them! Share your skills in creating content with photos, video, and storytelling, and work with our Marketing Manager and PR agency to document this intensive two week project.
At NCS, January 2017
• Regular social media updates during National Choral School for awareness of activities, internal concerts and promoting public concerts
• Create a series of short videos documenting different aspects of the camp
• Record a series of interviews with choristers, members of Composer School, members of Conducting Academy, Artistic staff and volunteers
• Take still photography during internal concerts and rehearsals
Find out more information here